Tarot Collectors Forum Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Tarot Collectors Forum > Main Discussion Area > Show and Tell > New Lo Scarabeo decks up on Alida

New Lo Scarabeo decks up on Alida
 Moderated by: tarotcol
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Oct 11th, 2007 08:48 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
AdamMcLean
Member


Joined: Wed Sep 5th, 2007
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posts: 1239
Status: 
Offline
Alida now have some new decks by Lo Scarabeo for sale.

Circle of Life Tarot
Pictoral Key Tarot
Tarot of Pirates
Tarot of the Angels

Back To Top

 Posted: Fri Oct 12th, 2007 01:13 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
ahclem
Banned


Joined: Sat Sep 8th, 2007
Location: California USA
Posts: 101
Status: 
Offline
Now if they released a Tarot of the Pirates vs. the Angels, that I might be interested in. (Imagine the art!)

(Particularly, since with both pirates and angels involved, one would expect to find the Flying Spaghetti Monster in there somewhere as well.)

Back To Top

 Posted: Fri Oct 12th, 2007 01:39 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Papageno357
Banned
 

Joined: Sat Sep 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 203
Status: 
Offline
AdamMcLean wrote: Alida now have some new decks by Lo Scarabeo for sale.

Circle of Life Tarot
Pictoral Key Tarot
Tarot of Pirates
Tarot of the Angels

yep, I already placed my order a couple of days ago for the Golden Botticelli and the Pictorial Key Tarot.

As for the Pirates deck, if Disney weren't so uptight about Tarot and it's occult associations, they could have collaborated with Lo Scarabeo and produced a really wonderful Pirates of The Caribbean Tarot; as it stands, the Pirates deck has all the earmarks of attempting to cash in on the popularity of the series, and it doesn't look bad either.

The Tarocchi Marvel is a beautiful Majors-only deck and fine example of a (artistically) successful collaboration between two major publishing houses.

http://www.docstrange.com/dsssmuseum/tarocchi.asp


Attachment: Tarocchi Marvel.png (Downloaded 149 times)

Last edited on Fri Oct 12th, 2007 01:55 pm by Papageno357

Back To Top

 Posted: Fri Oct 12th, 2007 05:30 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Ambriel
Member


Joined: Fri Oct 12th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Georgia USA
Posts: 137
Status: 
Offline
Thanks for sharing the The Tarocchi Marvel, Adam.

I did a posting on TTC a few days ago about the new Marvel Tarot.  A comic book crated by David Sexton, creator of the Tarot of Oz Winged Spirit.

http://www.madebymark.com/thetarotchannel/2007/10/tarot-on-ebay-t.html

There wasn't much info at first, but then David Sexton emailed me and shared the website.  If you scroll down midway, some of the cards are on this site.

http://www.buzzsawvideo.com/marvel-tarot/

I didn't really ever get a clear understanding on if he means to publish a deck as well....

 

Back To Top

 Posted: Sat Oct 13th, 2007 01:47 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Quidlimit
Member
 

Joined: Mon Sep 24th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 109
Status: 
Offline
Papageno357 wrote: I already placed my order a couple of days ago for the Golden Botticelli


I decided to wait for Amazon.ca to get it in but I have it on preorder.

Also ordered the book: "Botticelli: Life and Work" by Ronald Lightbown

Back To Top

 Posted: Sat Oct 13th, 2007 02:57 pm
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Papageno357
Banned
 

Joined: Sat Sep 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 203
Status: 
Offline
Ambriel wrote:

I did a posting on TTC a few days ago about the new Marvel Tarot.  A comic book crated by David Sexton, creator of the Tarot of Oz Winged Spirit.

http://www.madebymark.com/thetarotchannel/2007/10/tarot-on-ebay-t.html

There wasn't much info at first, but then David Sexton emailed me and shared the website.  If you scroll down midway, some of the cards are on this site.

http://www.buzzsawvideo.com/marvel-tarot/

I didn't really ever get a clear understanding on if he means to publish a deck as well....

 

Thanks for sharing the links Ambriel :)

I've been wondering about the Marvel Tarot, and now I guess I should search eBay for a reliable seller and get my copy.

It looks like David Sexton has done a remarkable job of transforming the Marvel characters into RWS based Atouts.

The corresponding identities of the Majors in my Tarocchi Marvel are apparent only in that the super hero portraits (by Claudio Villa) are designated by the card titles.

here's the full picture...............and edited to say: it would be wonderful if the Marvel Tarot is ever published as deck. WOW :cool:


Attachment: Doc Strange Tarocchi Marvel.png (Downloaded 137 times)

Last edited on Sat Oct 13th, 2007 05:47 pm by Papageno357

Back To Top

 Posted: Sat Oct 13th, 2007 03:50 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Papageno357
Banned
 

Joined: Sat Sep 8th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 203
Status: 
Offline
Quidlimit wrote: Papageno357 wrote: I already placed my order a couple of days ago for the Golden Botticelli


I decided to wait for Amazon.ca to get it in but I have it on preorder.

Also ordered the book: "Botticelli: Life and Work" by Ronald Lightbown

Alida is so convenient, just a few mouse-clicks, a few days wait for the mail and voilà.....instant gratification, so I always find it next to impossible to be patient and wait for the new LS titles to make their way to the North American market..........although lately, there are increasingly few LS titles I'm really interested in.

I'm not sure I like the background pattern Atanassov decided to incoporate into the cards, it looks too similar to the Estensi (the so-called Charles VI Tarot) deck.....which is what they obviously modeled this after, although it seems like a completely unnecessary embellishment, one that might actually detract rather than enhance.





Back To Top

 Posted: Sat Oct 13th, 2007 06:17 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
Quidlimit
Member
 

Joined: Mon Sep 24th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 109
Status: 
Offline
Papageno357 wrote: Alida is so convenient, just a few mouse-clicks, a few days wait for the mail and voilà.....instant gratification


I've ordered from Alida for OOP things that I can't get over here, but I usually prefer to wait, I guess just for economic reasons. Their service is excellent so I understand why people don't hesitate to order early from them.

About the gold--I thought there was some gold accenting in the actual figures as well? I think I saw someone on AT mentioning this, but perhaps they got mixed up.

Darn, I was hoping they'd done it a bit differently. The Estensi is one of my favourites, so it's okay with me, but I was expecting something new, a new approach to the gold ink embellishment.

 

Back To Top

 Posted: Sun Oct 14th, 2007 05:18 pm
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
Mr. la-luna
Member


Joined: Sat Sep 8th, 2007
Location: Aalst, Belgium
Posts: 525
Status: 
Offline
LS golden decks have always had a special place in my heart, and the mix of great masters - the last one was Klimt and now Botticelli gives a fresh view and impulse to the otherwise mainly (especially lately) very cartoony house-style of LS .

 

 But although I’m getting it (coming my way right now) I’m afraid the freshness is a bit out of it and is now becoming a bit of a standard product where the gold has absolutely have to be in it even if it brings nothing new to a deck.

 

Last year it worked great for the Klimt not so sure if it will be the same this year – another artist might have be better than Botticelli to be handled in this way.

 

Back To Top

 Posted: Mon Oct 15th, 2007 08:45 am
  PMQuoteReply
10th Post
Quidlimit
Member
 

Joined: Mon Sep 24th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 109
Status: 
Offline
Mr. la-luna wrote: Last year it worked great for the Klimt not so sure if it will be the same this year – another artist might have be better than Botticelli to be handled in this way.

 Hard to beat the Klimt, the subject was very suited to gold highlighting. 

 I think they picked the right artist for the Botticelli, but the wrong production method.  

 

 

Back To Top

 Posted: Mon Oct 15th, 2007 12:24 pm
  PMQuoteReply
11th Post
Mr. la-luna
Member


Joined: Sat Sep 8th, 2007
Location: Aalst, Belgium
Posts: 525
Status: 
Offline
Quidlimit wrote: Mr. la-luna wrote: Last year it worked great for the Klimt not so sure if it will be the same this year – another artist might have be better than Botticelli to be handled in this way.

 Hard to beat the Klimt, the subject was very suited to gold highlighting. 

 I think they picked the right artist for the Botticelli, but the wrong production method.  

 

 

I've expressed myself in a wrong way i meant that Botticelli would have been served better with a "light-gold job" more highlighting than overlaying with a "heavy gold-pattern" as they did here. Botticelli needed finesse and lightness and on many cards (not all there are cards where they did a great job) they have overdone it a bit

Back To Top

 Posted: Sun Oct 21st, 2007 11:41 pm
  PMQuoteReply
12th Post
Quidlimit
Member
 

Joined: Mon Sep 24th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 109
Status: 
Offline
I decided to cancel my order for the Botticelli.

It just wasn't thrilling me. I don't want a gold foil deck that looks the same as the other LS gold foil decks.

Too matchy-matchy or something.

I was looking at the OOP Minotarot and felt such a thrill even though I could never afford it. Then I thought about how ho-hum I felt about the Botticelli generally and decided I'd wait to be suitably thrilled by something before buying.

 

Back To Top

 Posted: Sun Jan 13th, 2008 01:01 pm
  PMQuoteReply
13th Post
quid
Member


Joined: Tue Nov 20th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 138
Status: 
Offline
Quidlimit wrote: I decided to cancel my order for the Botticelli.
I shouldn't say these things, they come back to bite me.

While browsing at Chapters, I discovered that the Botticelli book I wanted had dropped in price by about $30. Amazon.ca still has it listed for the higher price.

Soooooo, having then bought the book, I ordered the tarot deck as well. What's money, eh, when you can learn something new?

I paraphrase the song "Santa Baby". . . .

Sandro baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight,
Hurry down the chimney tonight,
Hurry, tonight.

Last edited on Sun Jan 13th, 2008 01:02 pm by quid

Back To Top


 Current time is 03:43 pm

Tarot Collectors Forum > Main Discussion Area > Show and Tell > New Lo Scarabeo decks up on Alida
Top



UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems