|View single post by skad1|
|Posted: Thu Nov 17th, 2011 08:08 am||
| Hi guys, i haven't been getting notifications so i haven't thought to pop over here and comment.
1. each year there seems to be at least one card that that i don't like, or even offends me. but there are also cards that i think are the bestest ever for that card (this years High Priestess, as an example, or the tower card) i took this years happy squirrel as Janet saying how happy she is to be a collector and an artist. you could always draw a mustache on her to disguise her. ( ) but the variety is exactly why were do a collaborative deck, rather than a deck purely by invite, created to be inclusive. (BTW, this does not mean i didn't like the happy squirrel)
2. every year we have been very specific that decks are to go only to contributors, and that is used as an incentive to contribute. i am willing to bet eventually decks will show up on ebay or wherever. collections get dispersed, whether from economic necessity, or a beneficiary not understanding or caring. but that is different, and not part of what we decided as a group about the initial sales.
3. i never lost money on the 2 years i financed the original deck purchase. it was close the first year because i didn't know to factor in the decks and shipping for adam and the museu. but then afew guardian angels chipped in some extra and i was good. both years there were people who didn't get the deck, but there were always enough that wanted an extra copy to balance them out. i knew my job was dicey so i chose not to do the financing this year, which turned out good because i did get laid off.
4. do we want to start a 2012 now? or how about a quick 22 card pre-2012? are ya'll up to a challenge? I have an idea for a 22 card deck for the forum, but it'd be a challenge and not thrill a few. it is a themed deck, but would only work for this forum. want me to work it up for ya'll?
5. if we do a 22 deck or wait for another 78 card deck, i am willing to do the organization this year. i needed a break, but then i missed it! i would need someone to help with the financing, and help emailing would be nice too, but that;'s optional, especially if gregory really does step back
6. i think special thanks should go out to gregory. the emails to everyone are really a hassle. the organization and stuff is easy and fun for me. i think it was because of her efforts you are getting your decks now, middle of november. last year the lucky ones got them for Christmas, the unlucky had to wait for the new year. that is a significant difference, so thanks sweetie!
final note: after all the good and bad....
WE ROCK !!!!
THIS IS AN AWSOME DECK THAT I AM REALLY PROUD TO HAVE BEEN A PART OF. THANK YOU, ONE AND ALL.